Monday, December 21, 2009

The Big Picture

A Great Blog

If you would like to get pissed off at Obama, read Matt Taibbi ’s December 9Th Rolling Stone Article, “Obama’s Big Sellout”. Taibbi For President 2012!

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/story/31234647/obamas_big_sellout


The best thing happening in our once great nation is the fourth estate. Journalism and it’s offshoots in the blogosphere (big cheer to Mr. Rithholtz) are the only bastion left where there is the semblance of truth and a hope for a better tomorrow.

Hey, Curmudgeon – I spend most of the year in a wonderful village by the ocean in southern Spain. The quality of life here is high and the cost of living is low. I was born and raised in NYC. I visit the U.S. regularly but after spending most of my time in Europe over the last 5 years I don’t think I would ever want to live there full time. Here is a link to a cheesy tourist video on my town:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arCeZkBhePM


IMO: All people should have reasonable access to complete health care coverage. They have it in France and Spain. I am not even in their health care system and I am covered because I am here. I pay 106 Euros per month for private insurance to cover my wife and myself. When I go to the doctors here they don’t even want to take my health care insurance card because it is free for everyone else and they don’t want to bother with filling out the form. Health care is that inexpensive. In Spain the average doctor salary is 34,000 Euros a year. A prescription for an antibiotic that I had filled in NYC which cost 185 dollars I had the same prescription filled here in Spain cost 4.31 Euros. Americans have been swindled by the Pharmaceutical, insurance, and health-care system. There is going to be a revolution at some point in the future. Americans will not take being kicked around forever. Americans will wake up and when they do there will be hell to pay.

Lastly, thanks to everyone for the interesting, informative and educational postings. I really feel my life has been enriched by following THE BIG PICTURE and it’s community:

http://www.ritholtz.com/blog/

No comments:

Post a Comment