Thursday, January 28, 2010

Letter to the President


You Were The Man

Dear Sirs,

I doubt if any one reads these replies but just in case...

I gave over 350 dollars to help you in getting elected. I had never given money to a politician before. I may never do it again.

You inspired me. I still like you. But I was shocked and dismayed by your continuation of the Reagan/Clinton/Bush policies as they relate to finance. Why would you keep yourself surrounded by the same policy wonks that drove our country to the edge of financial collapse. Now under your leadership, these financial Masters of the Universe have completed the largest theft of the American taxpayer ever. Ever. You failed us, to protect us from this tyranny. The vote in Massachusetts got your attention. Fine.

There is still time for you to redeem your Presidency. You are going to have to have a wholesale house cleaning of everyone in your administration associated and owned by The Financial Industrial Complex. Seriously, if you don't start firing these criminals, I will not vote for you again.

I will not donate anymore money to you. You chose to support the big money interests over mine. Ask Larry Summers to donate to your campaign...how much did big Banks pay him during the year you were running for election? Over five Million.

I still like you, and love the fact that by your very election you have change Americas politics and racial injustices for ever. That can't change. However, if you don't want to be another Jimmy Carter, one and done, you are going to have to go back to what you campaign on. CHANGE. And change does not mean doing the same crap that Bush did. It means change. Carter did amazing positive things for the world after he left office. You will too.

I leave you with this, stop playing the American people. We want things to be done differently and if you can't lead us in that direction then step aside. If you can, we are here able and willing to follow you to a greater America where Big Business does not own us, to an America where truth and honesty has been restored to our culture and an America where Washington is not owned lock stock and barrel by Wall Street.

Good Luck!

Arthur Imparato
1417 Hollins Street
Baltimore, Md 21223

--- On Thu, 1/28/10, President Barack Obama wrote:



From: President Barack Obama
Subject: I cannot do it alone
To: "a Imparato"
Date: Thursday, January 28, 2010, 6:16 AM


Arthur,

I just finished delivering my first State of the Union address.

I set out an urgent plan for restoring economic security for struggling middle class families. This is my top priority, but I cannot do it alone -- and that's why I'm writing to you now.

Tonight, I called on Congress to enact reforms and new initiatives to defend the middle class -- to create millions of new jobs, support small businesses, and drive up wages; to invest in the education of our children and the clean energy technology that must power our future; and to protect the economy from reckless Wall Street abuses.

And I made my position on health reform clear: We must not walk away. We are too close, and the stakes are too high for too many. I called on legislators of both parties to find a way to come together and finish the job for the American people.

I have no illusions -- there have been setbacks, and there will be more to come. The special interests who have shaped the status quo will keep fighting tooth and nail to preserve it.

So tonight, I'm asking you to join me in the work ahead. I need your voice. I need your passion. And I need your support.

Can you help fuel our fight for the middle class with a monthly donation of $15 or more?

https://donate.barackobama.com/StateOfTheUnion

We have just finished a difficult year. We have come through a difficult decade. But a new year has come. A new decade stretches before us. We don't quit. I don't quit. Let's seize this moment -- to start anew, to carry the dream forward, and to strengthen our union once more.

Thank you for making it possible,

President Barack Obama






Paid for by Organizing for America, a project of the Democratic National Committee -- 430 South Capitol Street SE, Washington, D.C. 20003. This communication is not authorized by any candidate or candidate's committee.
Contributions or gifts to the Democratic National Committee are not deductible as charitable contributions for income tax purposes.
This email was sent to: arthurimparato@yahoo.com

Change Email Address Unsubscribe

No comments:

Post a Comment